- Flex orientations are mandatory and held in-person at our Flex-Entry lab at the Eastview campus, Room 8321. A reminder email will be sent to students’ email the week before the session starts.
- ORIENTATION for the Spring 2023 semester, Session 1, meets Tuesday, January 17, 2023, from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. You may attend either orientation.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Students enrolled in POFT 1127, POFT 1231, and POFT 2203 should attend the Orientation at 11:00 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. These are the Keyboarding courses.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Students enrolled in ITSW 1310, POFI 1104, POFI 2301, POFI 2340, and POFI 2350 should attend at 12:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. These are the MS Office courses.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Students who are enrolled in both Keyboarding and MS Office courses should plan to attend one orientation from the beginning either at 11:00 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. in order to attend both orientations in one meeting.
- IMPORTANT: Students are REQUIRED to take a timed typing test online for any flex-entry course with a minimum keyboarding speed as a prerequisite. These courses are POFI 2301, POFI 2340, and POFT 2203.
- An email announcement will be sent to all registered students with the Typing.com link and instructions to complete the timing the week before class starts.
- The prerequisite timing must be completed and emailed to the instructor by 4:00 p.m. on the second day of class, Wednesday, January 18, 2023, or the student will be withdrawn. This is to take advantage of ADD/DROP days, the first two days of every semester, in order to avoid a “W” on the student record after the second day. Contact Cynthia Klist email@example.com for advising to choose alternative courses if needed.
- Course materials will be distributed during orientation after prerequisites have been met.
- UPDATE: The Flex-entry lab at EVC 8321 is open for tutoring and test taking by appointment only through Calendly
Please contact Will Bason, Business Office Technology Flex-Lab Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical questions.
ACC Tech Support or call: 512-223-8324
Contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for accommodations at least one week prior to Orientation:
ACC SAS Services