ACC- Professional Accounting Students
ACC Annual Meet the Firms
December 5, 11AM-1PM
Accounting Student Event: Interview and Resume Workshop, November 14, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Virtual – You will receive log-in details via email prior to the event.
Do you want to hear feedback on your resume in a supportive, low-stress environment? Are you interested in improving your interview skills? Then make plans to attend the TXCPA Austin Interview and Resume Workshop. Sign up for a 45-minute mock interview with a local CPA and/or a 45-minute resume review session. You will have the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on your interview skills and resume in a positive, comfortable atmosphere from CPAs. Students can sign up for both interview and resume time slots. Business/interview attire is required.
Mock interview: Sign up for a 45-minute mock interview with a local CPA. https://doodle.com/poll/cnrf9w26zategrb7
Tips for virtual interviews
Resume feedback: Sign up for a 45-minute time slot with a CPA to have your resume reviewed. https://doodle.com/poll/6drm2vtshxiirc5q
Tips for resume writing
Space is limited!!! Make sure to sign up soon!
Accounting Student Event: Oct. 3 10:30am-11:30am
Overcoming Top 4 CPA Exam Challenges
Register for the student event using the following link: https://shayes-uworld.easywebinar.live/registration-159
In today’s uncertain climate, there is no better time to invest in your future and pass the CPA Exam than now. At UWorld, we have helped over 2 million students successfully prepare for their high stake exams and now it is your turn to realize your dream of becoming a CPA. In this webinar we’ll discuss:
– What are the top 4 challenges faced by most candidates
– How COVID-19 affects CPA candidates
– What order to take the CPA Exam in and why
– How to save hours of study time
– A walk-through of real examples of CPA Exam questions
– Our most unique offer on the Elite-Unlimited Course
Looking forward to connecting with you!
TXCPA Local Chapter
Networking has never been more important than it is today in our current situation of living in a virtual environment. Jump start your professional networking by joining the TXCPA and your local chapter.
Best of all, student membership is FREE!! Click here to submit your membership application. Join us and be a part of the largest, most influential association of accounting and finance professionals in Texas!
Don’t delay – do this today so you don’t miss out on the benefits!
- Access to TXCPA Exchange, an exclusive members-only online forum for questions, knowledge sharing and opportunities to connect with Texas CPAs
- Membership in one of 20 chapters providing local networking and service opportunities
Access to an online searchable member directory of our 28,000 members
- Scholarship opportunities with TXCPA and local chapters recognizing and supporting students each year
- Member communications keeping you up to date on critical professional issues
- Free job seeker profile on the TXCPA Career Center, as well as access to internship postings
- Leadership training opportunities with chapter and state-level volunteer opportunities
- Discounts on CPA Exam prep courses and business services
- Information and resources to help guide your first steps to a CPA career.
TXCPA Austin Scholarship Application 2020-2021
Attached is the TXCPA Austin Scholarship Application for the 2020-21 year. Please distribute as you see fit to students in the ACC Professional Accounting, Advanced Technical Certificate Program.
Applications are due Friday, November 13, 2020. Application is also available online at www.cpascount.org
Find current information on our Facebook page!